Media Executives to be Honored During Annual Awards Luncheon at the
32nd Annual NAMIC Conference on Oct. 17
NEW YORK, NY, USA, August 14, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — The National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC) in partnership with Multichannel News announced today the recipients of its 2018 Next Generation Leaders Awards, recognizing emerging multicultural business leaders in the media and entertainment industry for their career successes and commitment to fostering diversity in the workplace. Sponsored by Univision Communications Inc. and Discovery, the 2018 Next Generation Leaders and Luminaries will be honored at the 32nd Annual NAMIC Conference during the NAMIC Awards Luncheon on Wednesday, October 17, 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. ET at the New York Marriott Marquis.
The 2018 Next Generation Leader Awards will be presented in four categories to the following honorees:
* Cable MSO: Tamara Bowens, Group VP, Field Marketing and Sales Enablement, Spectrum Enterprises, Charter Communications
* Cable Programmer: Veronica Molina, Executive Director, News Standards & Practices, CNN Worldwide
* Creative Discipline: Jennifer Perri, VP, Univision Creator Network, Univision Communications Inc.
* Tech Company/Discipline: Saleem Malkana, VP, Product, New Digital Business, AMC Networks
“This year’s class of Next Generation Leaders and Luminaries are powerful advocates for inclusion and diversity in the workplace and are bringing tremendous value to their companies and our industry,” said Joiava Philpott, vice president, Regulatory Affairs, Law & Policy Department, Cox Communications and chairperson of the NAMIC National Board of Directors. “We should all be inspired by the talent, leadership and commitment of these honorees and the paths they are creating for those who follow in their footsteps.”
In addition to honoring the four Next Generation Leaders, NAMIC will also honor 10 emerging executives in its 2018 Luminaries Class:
* James An, VP, Business Integration and Implementation, Charter Communications
* Darshan Arneja, Executive Director, CRM Strategy and Planning, Cox Communications
* Angel Arocho, Executive Director, Compliance, Comcast Cable
* Tom Chiang, VP, Video Products, Charter Communications
* Roy Cho, VP, Distribution, AMC Networks
* Brendan Gabriel, VP, Production & Creative Director, The Africa Channel
* Cherisse McKenzie, VP, Production, REVOLT Media & TV
* Toni Murphy, VP, Comcast Business, Comcast Cable
* Sheereen Russell, VP, Ad Sales & Partner Solutions, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
* Jose Zamora, SVP, Strategic Communications, News, Univision Communications Inc.
For more information on NAMIC and the 2018 NAMIC Annual Awards Luncheon, please visit www.namic.com. To register for the 32nd Annual NAMIC Conference visit: namic.com/conference. Group discounts are available. Sponsorship inquiries should be directed to Sandra Girado at 212-594-5985 or Sandra.email@example.com.
# # #
NAMIC (National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications) is the premier organization focusing on multi-cultural diversity, equity and inclusion in the communications industry. More than 4,000 professionals belong to a network of 18 chapters nationwide. Through initiatives that target leadership development, advocacy and empowerment, NAMIC collaborates with industry partners to grow and nurture a workforce that reflects the cultural richness of the populations served. Please visit www.namic.com for more information about NAMIC and its many opportunities.
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire